an intending father

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Why I am already showing signs of being a clever father

Like I said previously, one task I took on board was finding a midwife. As soon as possible I had rung round and secured us an appointment with Bridget. Of course that didn’t mean she was going to be our midwife, we needed to meet her to confirm that.

We met with Bridget around the 15th of August and chatted about various things relating to pregnancy &c... Bridget suggested we meet up with a few other midwives and decide who we wanted. However, she informed us, she normally only takes four births a month and already had three booked in for April. In one of those communication moments that, I guess, signify spousal understanding, Sicily and I gave each other a look and then told Bridget we had “talked about it” and we would like her to be our midwife. Good and done.

Perhaps if I hadn’t taken that task on myself and taken it on with such grim determination, we might be in a similar position to Gendy Thomson (Dom. Post Sept. 10 2005). This poor woman is 14 weeks pregnant, has already had two miscarriages and still can’t find a midwife in the Wellington region. The anxiety can’t be doing the baby much good. At least our child can rest assured in the knowledge that it’s clever intending father did what he intended to do and found a midwife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home