an intending father

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

the lost week

Yes, there has been a bit of a break. I wrote a couple of drafts last week that I was going to post but they weren't quite right, not for any writing reason but something else. On Friday we had our 12-14 week scan. I didn't post anything because I had a little gnawing voice in my head based on a story I heard regarding this scan. A couple, so the story goes, went in for their scan and there was no baby.

I can imagine it. The radiologist looking intently at the screen, pushing bottons while sliding the transducer round and then with a frown turning to us and saying,
"There's no baby there."


I had a little paralysis.

I also had, and still have, a small collection of pieces that need writing, or needed writing, so I took, am taking, care of these and those.


We dutifully went to the scan and and as soon as the radiologist started scanning I saw our baby, quite clearly. I saw the little monster in profile. There were arms and they were making complicated movements and then resting the head on one hand in a Rodin pose. It's about 85mm from rump to crown, which meant the technology told us we are 14 weeks pregnant. This puts the due date at about the 25th of March.

Somewhere a week was lost.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 am, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations Luke and Sicily

Love Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home