an intending father

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Utilising the Facilities

After one excursion I pushed the buzzer and Bridget came and let me into the Maternity ward. As we walked down the corridor I asked her if I could use the shower in the suite while Sicily slept. Which was fine as long as no one knew.

It was by all accounts an unusual request and it would have been interested to know if they have anything in their policy and procedures about that. None the less I went to have a shower. At first I couldn’t find the light switch and I pulled a cord thinking it might be the switch. Bridget turned up.
“What’s the problem?”
Seems I had pulled an emergency cord. She switched off the alarm and on the lights and then I had a shower. Apparently one of the hospital midwives turned up because the alarm wasn’t switched off properly.

It was a good idea though and in practice proved to be so. I felt much better and much closer to godliness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home