an intending father

Thursday, May 04, 2006

the big pot

Sunday the 2nd of April:

I felt much better so resolved to get the rest of the supplies, including some way to heat water for the pool as an alternative to using the hot water tank hot water.

As it was sunday no hire places were open. Eventually I tracked down a guy who ran a party hire place who agreed to open up and hire out a tea urn. I rang Dan and asked him to pick up Quentin so we didn’t have a crotchety old dog underfoot and I asked Dan if he had any big pots, he said he didn’t.

Ten minutes later the phone rang. It was Dan and a conversation something like this occurred.

Dan -- Hey, what did you mean by “big pot”?
LHB -- You know, like a big pot.
Dan -- yeah but like what?
LHB -- A pot that’s big.
Dan -- but what do you mean by big pot?
LHB -- I mean a big pot, you know, a big pot.
Dan -- yeah but what’s a big pot?
LHB -- it’s like a pot and it’s big.

We eventually ascertained that Dan did have a big pot but didn’t, in this context, have a big pot. I rang the warehouse and they did. Made in China. Very cheap. Very big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home