an intending father

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

That shya's bin sniffin' round

This morning I had a dream that the little monster had been birthed and Sicily was in bed in a white room holding our little baby girl. We both fussed over her. She had a full head of dark hair, the same colour as Sicily's. Sicily and I run through the list of names for girls we had worked out and one of them clicked and their was our daughter and in my dream, looking at her, I started to cry. Which woke me up and there were tears on my cheeks.

We did also have a scan about a week ago and the radiologist wasn't "100% sure" but thought "It's a girl".
Of course we would be just as happy with a boy. A few people have mentioned from the start it's gonna be a girl.
Nonetheless, the whole time I have been writing this blog, I've been conscious of resisting the gender slide toward talking about the baby as a "her" and I deliberately let through that "her", sniffed up by a certain keen-eyed reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home