an intending father

Thursday, May 04, 2006

some films for the bedridden

As an aside to this, while bed bound, Sicily and I watched several DVDs. ‘Garden State” which I recommend and so would Sicily. It was written and directed by Zach Braf, ‘that guy from Scrubs’. We watched ‘The Aviator’ which wasn’t too bad, mainly because for once Di Caprio didn’t do that crying whining bit done to it’s worse in ‘The Basketball Diaries’ where he de-hipsterfies Jim ‘I’ll be a good boy mama’ Carroll. It was good to see for one reason, which was a conspiracy theory I had come across that Onassis kidnapped Hughs which made no bloody sense to me, and still doesn’t, except now I know who Howard Hughs is. We watched Kinsey which was an interesting story but did nothing for the biopic genre. We watched ‘Startup Dot Come’ which was morbidly fascinating and I was so fascinated I watched in again. We started to watch Hotel Rwanda on Saturday but Sicily didn’t want to watch it. She was getting twinges. That evening she feel asleep but I couldn’t. I got up and watched Hotel Rwanda until 3 am sunday morning. I guess I would recommend the film but based as it is on recent factual events it’s quite depressing. One bunch of people hack another bunch to pieces with machetes because they identify themselves by different words. Millions are killed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home